Splashtop is a leading screen share application that provides fast and smooth remote connection to computers from various devices.
The Splashtop Integration allows Datto RMM partners to remotely access computers using Splashtop technology. Splashtop deployment works by utilizing a server and a viewer application or, in Splashtop terms, a Streamer for the remote side and a Client for the viewing side.
The Splashtop Integration offers the following benefits:
- Windows and macOS support
- Retina display support: The use of Splashtop gives remote takeover ability to retina display devices, as well as the ability to take over macOS devices unattended.
- Multiple user (Terminal Server) support and multiple monitor support
- Two concurrent connections to a single device
- Ability to enable blank screen remotely
- Remote keyboard and mouse locking
- Copy/paste clipboard on Windows devices at login screen
- Secure connection: All ports are routed through our secure tunnel servers when the connection is initiated from a Datto RMM Agent.
- Windows: 188.8.131.52
- macOS: 184.108.40.206
Refer to this Splashtop Support article.
The Splashtop installer, that is, the Splashtop Streamer, makes it possible to view a device remotely. When you connect to a device using Splashtop for the first time, the Splashtop Streamer will automatically be installed on the device. A confirmation dialog box will appear indicating that it may take a few moments for the Streamer to install; however, you can also choose to connect to the device using Web Remote. Refer to Web Remote.
Alternatively, you can pre-install the Splashtop Streamer on Windows and macOS devices using the Pre-install Splashtop Streamer component from the ComStore. Refer to Download a component in the legacy UI and Download a component in the New UI.
NOTE When the Splashtop Streamer is installed, its icon will be hidden on the device by default.
IMPORTANT If you already have an account with Splashtop, installing the Splashtop Streamer through Datto RMM will remove your ability to configure your Splashtop Business Account credentials from within the Splashtop Streamer menu. If you would like to be able to configure your credentials from within the settings, we recommend that you use the installer provided by Splashtop. However, when using this login method, data will not be tunneled through our secure connection and is therefore not supported by Datto RMM.
Installation of the Client is automatic on each device upon the first time a connection of this type is initiated.
NOTE When the Splashtop session is initiated from a macOS device, and the remote endpoint does not have the Splashtop Client installed, the initiating device's Agent will install it on the endpoint. A pop-up window will prompt the initiating device's user to allow this action.
The Client and the Streamer will automatically be updated in the same way Agents are updated when updates become available.
- The device you wish to connect to must be online.
- The Splashtop Integration must be enabled. Refer to Enable the Splashtop Integration.
- The RDP option must be enabled in the Remote control tools section of your security level. Refer to Remote control tools.
- In order for Splashtop to function properly on macOS devices running Mojave and newer, the following applications must be listed and checked under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy in the following sections:
• Screen Recording: AEM Agent, Splashtop Streamer
• Accessibility: AEM Agent, Splashtop Streamer
• Full Disk Access: AEM Agent, Splashtop Streamer
- If you are connecting to a remote user's macOS device running Mojave and newer, a pop-up notification will be displayed stating Splashtop Streamer.app would like to record this computer's screen. Direct the user to click Open System Preferences on the device and to select the application in the Privacy pane to allow interaction between their device and the Agent's VNC session using Vine Server.
- Navigate to a device you wish to connect to.
- If you are on a device list page, hover over the context menu next to the device, and then hover over Remote Actions.
If you are on the Device Summary page, hover over the Remote Actions button.
- Click Splashtop to initiate a connection to the device. Refer to Remote Actions.
- Navigate to a device you wish to connect to.
- If you are on a device list page, hover over the available remote support tools next to the device.
If you are on the Device Summary page, hover over the Agent Browser action button.
- Click Splashtop to initiate a connection to the device. Refer to Remote support actions and Action buttons.
- Log in to the Agent Browser. Refer to Log in to the Agent Browser.
- Search for the device. Refer to Search.
- Connect to device so that the device is displayed in the Connected Devices area. Refer to Connect to a device.
- Once connected, locate and click the Splashtop icon . Refer to Remote takeover tools.
Once the Splashtop window is open, the following toolbar functions become available:
|Disconnect||Ends the Splashtop session and disconnects the remote device.|
|Terminal Session||Shows if multiple RDP sessions are active on the remote device.|
|Switch Monitor||Allows you to view and switch between multiple monitors of the remote device.|
|View Options||Choose from the following options:
• Size: original/scaled
• Frame rate: high/medium/low
• Show remote cursor
|Full Screen|| Allows you to toggle to a full screen view of the remote device. Click the Close Full Screen icon to exit the full screen.
|Ctrl-Alt-Del||Sends the key press combination of CTRL-ALT-DEL to the remote device.|
|Actions||The following options are available:
• Blank screen
• Lock keyboard and mouse
• Paste clipboard as keystrokes
Once you have configured the Splashtop Integration, you can connect to the devices you manage in Datto RMM using Splashtop. In some cases, however, your end users may want remote access capability, too. To learn how to grant remote access and control permissions to your end users, refer to this Splashtop Support article.