NAVIGATION Setup > Integrations > Datto
IMPORTANT The Datto BCDR Integration is no longer available for new implementations. This document applies only to partners who are already using this integration. The Datto Continuity Integration in the New UI will replace this integration. To learn how to enable it, refer to Datto Continuity Integration.
IMPORTANT To remove the Datto BCDR Integration, navigate to your Component Library by clicking the Components tab, then search for the Datto Integration component, and delete it.
Datto's hybrid cloud backup and recovery service allows a Datto device on a local network to perform a snapshot of targeted systems and back them up to the cloud. Datto RMM backup management enables Datto RMM to integrate with Datto NAS and to view information and statistics about the backed up devices via the Manage tab in the Datto RMM Web Portal.
You need at least one Datto device and its associated XML API key.
IMPORTANT Do not use the REST API Key.
To obtain the XML API key, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Datto Partner Portal.
- Navigate to Admin > Integrations.
- Under the BCDR tab, in the XML Feeds section, click Enable XML.
- The XML API Key is displayed.
For the endpoints to successfully sync with the information in the XML feed from Datto BCDR, the Agent Name (listed in the Datto Partner Portal) must match the value mapped to the Internal IP Address field for the device in Datto RMM. Please refer to this topic in the Datto Knowledge Base: GUI - Rename Agent.
To enable the integration, you must download the Datto Integration component from the ComStore and enter the API key.
- Click the ComStore tab.
- Search for and select Datto Integration and click Add to my Component Library to add it to your account.
- Navigate to Setup > Integrations and scroll to the Datto section.
- Enter your Datto API key and click Save.
- Turn on the Datto Integration by sliding the Enabled button to ON.
The next step is to associate a Datto device with a site in Datto RMM. The Datto device must be installed on the local area network associated with the site.
- Click on a site and click Manage.
- Select the Backup Management radio button.
- Choose a Datto device from the drop-down list to link to this site. This will allow you to see backup statistics and feedback.
- Click Save and OK.
- You have now successfully associated your Datto device with a site in Datto RMM. Datto devices and sites containing a Datto device will display the Datto icon .
- The Backup Management page will now display your Datto device details and the protection status of your devices protected by the Datto device.
NOTE For information on what is displayed on the Backup Management page, refer to Backup Management.
You can create a Monitoring policy in Datto RMM to alert you if any Datto backup incident occurs. When the Datto box is reporting an issue, a backup alert will be raised via the Datto RMM Agent for the endpoint that experienced the backup incident.
You can create a policy at either the account or site level and target the endpoints through a filter or group. For example, if you want to target Windows devices with the Datto Agent installed, you could create a custom filter configured the following way: Software package > Contains > Datto Windows Agent.
NOTE To manage the backup incident, you will need to access the Datto management screen on the Datto device.