SECURITY Permission to manage policies at account and/or site level
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Account > Policies
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Sites > select a site > Policies
What is a Power policy?
A Power policy in Datto RMM allows you to control the Power Options in the Windows Control Panel of the devices that are targeted with this policy. This lets you save energy and increases the security of the targeted devices.
A Power policy allows you to specify the following settings:
- Turn off disk after - Turns off the hard disk after it has been idle for the selected time interval (never - 300 minutes).
- Turn off display after - Turns off the display after the machine has been idle for the selected time interval (never - 300 minutes).
- Standby after - Puts the computer into sleep mode after it has been idle for the selected time interval (never - 300 minutes).
- Schedule- Allows you to either disable the Schedule feature, or set a time to put the computer into Sleep, Hibernate or Shutdown each day.
When a Power policy is applied to a device, Datto RMM adds a power plan that is visible under the Power Options on the local device.
The policy can be applied at account level to target all devices in your account or at site level to target the devices within one particular site only. Refer to Create a policy.
- On the Policy page, click New account policy... or New site policy...
- Give the policy a Name.
- Select the type Power.
To copy an already existing policy to use it as a template, choose it from the Based on drop-down list. To create a new policy, select New Policy.
- Click Next.
Click Add a target... to target your devices through a specific filter or group.
If you want to target more than one filter or group, add another target to the policy. Multiple targets will apply the "OR" logic, that is, the policy will be run on a device if it is included in any of the targets. For more information about target types, refer to Filters - Legacy UI and Groups - Legacy UI.
NOTE Device filters contain all Default Device Filters and Custom Device Filters. Devices of Unknown device type will not be targeted by the policy.
- Click Add.
Click Save and Push Changes.
If you click Save Only, you'll be directed to your list of policies where you can click Push changes... next to the policy in question.
NOTE The changes will be pushed instantly if the Agent is online or as soon as it checks in to the platform. Once the change has been applied on the Agent, the newly created power plan will be visible under the Power Options on the local device.
NOTE If you click Save Only (legacy UI) or Save and Deploy Later (New UI) instead of Save and Push Changes (legacy UI) or Save and Deploy Now (New UI) when creating or updating a policy, the changes will still be deployed at midnight in your time zone because policies are automatically deployed every 24 hours.