Quick jobs - Legacy UI
SECURITY Refer to JOBS, ACCOUNT > Monitor, and SITES > Monitor in Security Level Details - Permissions
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Site lists > select one or more sites > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Device lists > select one or more devices > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Device Summary > Actions > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Device Audit > Actions > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Account > Monitor > Monitor Alerts radio button > select one or more alerts > Run a quick job
NAVIGATION Legacy UI > Sites > select a site > Monitor > select one or more alerts > Run a quick job
About quick jobs
A quick job allows you to immediately deploy one component without having to schedule the job. Components must first be downloaded from the ComStore into your Component Library. Refer to ComStore - Legacy UI.
Similar to scheduled jobs, quick jobs can be run against individual devices, sites, filters, or groups.
Quick jobs are run immediately and do not have an expiration time. They always run in the LocalSystem Account. However, it is possible to force the execution of a script to run in the context of the local user by creating a scheduled job and selecting the Advanced Options > Execution section. Refer to Execution. Components must be marked as favorites to be available for quick jobs in the legacy UI. Refer to Make a component available for quick jobs.
NOTE Since quick jobs do not have an expiration time, they will remain in an active state for devices that are not able to receive it (for example, offline devices). If necessary, you can manually clean up quick jobs by deleting them. Refer to Active and completed jobs - Legacy UI.
NOTE This process only pertains to the legacy UI.
- Click the Components tab.
- Click the Toggle favorite icon next to the component you wish to make available for quick jobs.
NOTE This functionality is only available for components of the categories Applications and Scripts.
- The star changes to yellow to show it is now a favorite available for quick jobs in the legacy UI. Note that marking a component as a favorite will make it available in the Agent Browser as well.
NOTE The Show in Agent Browser and Do not show in Agent Browser actions in the New UI will mark the same component as a favorite or remove its favorite status in the legacy UI (respectively), and vice versa. Refer to Show/Do Not Show in Agent Browser and Quick Jobs in Agent Browser tools.
- Navigate to any site, device, or alert list indicated above, and select one or more sites, devices, or alerts.
- Click the Run a quick job icon in the Actions bar or hover over the Actions button and select Run a quick job.
A window with all components available for quick jobs opens.
NOTE For a component to appear in this list, it needs to be marked as a favorite. For more information, refer to Make a component available for quick jobs.
NOTE If the component has variables, you can configure them once the component is selected.
Variable value limit: 20,000 characters.
- To find the component more easily, you can:
- Search - As you type, the search results are narrowed to match your search string.
- Select a group - Click to select a component group to only display components of that group. For information on component groups, refer to Manage component groups.
NOTE The selected component group will only display components that are marked as favorites.
- You can clear the Follow to jobs list page on submit check box. By default, it is selected to direct you to the Active Jobs page once the quick job is saved.
- Click Save.
Quick Jobs are first added to the Jobs > Active Jobs page with the name Quick job running [component name] on device [hostname]. Once a job has run, it will be listed on the Jobs > Completed Jobs page. For more information, refer to Active and completed jobs - Legacy UI.
IMPORTANT A job can only be edited, copied, deleted, or retired by an Administrator or a user with the same security level as the one that was used when the job was created. For example, if a job was created by a user with Administrator security level, non-Administrator users will be unable to edit, copy, delete, or retire that job.
Active and completed jobs can be edited or deleted on the Jobs > Active Jobs or Jobs > Completed Jobs page, respectively. For more information, refer to Active and completed jobs - Legacy UI.