SECURITY Security Admin in Datto Partner Portal and Master User in KaseyaOne to enable Log In with IT Complete globally; and any user with Datto Partner Portal credentials to enable Log In with IT Complete for their individual account.
KaseyaOne is the customer portal and central hub for all Kaseya modules. Every Kaseya customer is provided with an account that offers the following benefits:
- Unified login and centralized access to Kaseya modules. You can log in to KaseyaOne and then click the appropriate product or module tile. You can also navigate to your product-specific login page to sign in to KaseyaOne.
- Seamless navigation to other modules. Logging in with KaseyaOne will place an app launcher icon (waffle icon) in the upper-right corner of any page in your account to access the My IT Complete menu. From there, you can seamlessly open all products you are subscribed to. The same icon will be displayed in the products that you connected with KaseyaOne.
- Consolidated access to Support. You can submit and monitor support tickets for all Kaseya modules from a single location.
- Unified view of subscriptions and billing. You can see your subscriptions, orders, and invoices, and you can access the billing portal.
- Cooper Intelligence Engine. Cooper provides insights that will allow you to get even more out of your Kaseya modules.
NOTE Using KaseyaOne unified login is optional. Product-specific credentials will continue to work, but if you log in to a product using your product-specific credentials, you will not be able to access the KaseyaOne features. Instead of the app launcher icon, a K icon is displayed in the upper-right corner of the New UI in Datto RMM when a user is logged in via Datto Partner Portal. You can click the icon to open https://one.kaseya.com.
Connecting your Datto Partner Portal account to your KaseyaOne account needs to be completed in Datto Partner Portal. Datto Partner Portal is enabled with unified login v2.
A Datto RMM user with Security Admin privileges in Datto Partner Portal and Master user credentials in KaseyaOne needs to enable unified login for all users.
To learn how to do this, refer to this topic in the Datto Partner Portal Online Help: Enabling unified login with Kaseya One.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN Before attempting to log in to Datto RMM via KaseyaOne, you must complete the Datto RMM login process per the instructions outlined in your welcome email. If you attempt to log in using your KaseyaOne credentials before your Datto RMM user account is completely set up, you will receive an Invalid Username/Password error. Additionally, unified login must be enabled in Datto Partner Portal. Refer to Enabling KaseyaOne.
To use your KaseyaOne credentials, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Datto Portal at the following URL: https://auth.datto.com/login.
Alternatively, open the direct login page for your platform. Refer to Current regions and platforms.
- Click Login With KaseyaOne.
- On the KaseyaOne login page, enter your username, password, and company name associated with your KaseyaOne account, and click Log In.
- Enter your 2FA token and click Verify.
- If you have more than one account associated with your email address, locate the account you wish to access and click Continue.
- Once logged in, the URL in your browser will indicate which platform your account is hosted on.
NOTE For more information, refer to Two-factor authentication.
EXAMPLE If your account is hosted on the platform called Merlot, the URL will look as follows: https://merlot.centrastage.net.
Make sure to navigate to the New UI within 10 minutes after logging in with your KaseyaOne credentials so that you can access the KaseyaOne app launcher icon (waffle icon) in the upper-right corner of any page. From there, you can navigate to any other connected Kaseya products.
Datto RMM is integrated with the Cooper Intelligence Engine. Cooper Insights let you know how to make your Datto RMM configuration more secure and ensure you are taking advantage of the latest features.
The following insights are available:
- Users not using the New UI: Displays the number of users that have not set the New UI as their default UI. Refer to Show New UI by Default.
- Endpoints missing Patch Management policies: Informs you if over 50% of Windows devices are not targeted by at least one Patch Management policy. Refer to Patch Management.
- Inactive users: Displays the number of users that have not logged in for 30 days. Refer to Details in Users.
- Active policies with no target endpoints: Displays the number of active policies that do not target any device. Refer to Targets in Policies. This insight information is updated when policy targets are recalculated. Refer to Policy membership recalculation.
- Account not using IP address restriction: Informs you if IP address restriction is not configured in your Datto RMM account. Refer to IP Address Restriction in Global Settings.
- Components needing updates: Informs you if more than 10% of your components require an update. Refer to Component Library.
- Have you checked out the ComStore? If your Datto RMM account has been active for more than 30 days, this insight informs you if you have less than five components in your account. Refer to ComStore.
- Get the most out of Datto RMM with device filters: If your Datto RMM account has been active for more than 30 days, this insight informs you if you have less than 10 custom filters in your account. Refer to Device Filters.